Monday, June 3, 2013

The Hardest Goodbye

I like you a lot.
It feels like it may never stop.
But she likes you still
and she would hate me if she knew how I feel.
I cannot say yes to you
Because I would lose her friendship and you would too.
But I cannot say no to you
When you look at me the way that you do.
So from now on I will hide
And let the tears soak into my heart inside.
I will swallow my cries
Until I can move on without any despise.
Your friendship means the world
But it hurts so much in my chest I could hurl.
I can't make a move or get in the way,
Which is why I must hide. I just cannot stay.
She can't see the things that go on inside me.
So neither will you, because she would not leave us be.
I don't want to hurt either one of you
which is why I'll just hurt myself until I can get through.
No one will see it and my heart will mend
And I will find someone else for my happy end.
This heart inside me is weak and gets bruised, 
But my soul is stronger and knows I will not lose.
Life has a way of moving its course.
And love will come when it is meant to, not when it comes with remorse.

No comments:

Post a Comment