Monday, April 29, 2013

What the Cafeteria Window Showed Me

Sitting here alone in a cafeteria booth
I'm feeling uninspired by all the adult-youth.
They all sit in front of their laptops typing and reading away
And they don't even notice me staring at them in a kind of creepy way.
So I stare off out the window and one girl comes into my view.
She is staring off into the distance as if she's in deep thought of something new.
Her eyes sparkle with the confidence that she is on her own.
Her posture gives the sense of peace and serenity of being there alone.
Though strangers barely recognize her, she observes them all so well;
Being curious to what their stories are and if they have ever fell.
She is okay with being alone in times like this
Because she knows that coincidences do not exist.
Life has so much meaning to her.
And I know this all because
The girl whom I was staring at was my own reflection in the window-like mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment